Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission - Split Existing Folio

Options
  • 08-07-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am looking to go for planning permission on some family land that I am a part owner of.

Unfortunately this land straddles a development zone and there is one road facing site that is within this development zone. Unfortunately this particular site is in a very undesirable location. I have spoken to an architect about this at a high level who says this may be a problem and the planners may look to force you into this site as opposed to other available more desirable sites.

Question I have is if the folio of land that contains this particular site was split and the ownership of that particular site transferred to another family member (Uncle or aunt possibly) before any planning permission was sought, would this cause an issue in any plausible way when I go for planning on another site onthe land holding? I understand the folio the site will show myself as a former part owner of this particular strip of land.

I am going to seek legal advice on this but am just a little concerned a solicitor may not have come across such an issue with regards to future planning permission.

I would appreciate any help if anyone has come across such an issue.

Advertisement