Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manager covered up for junior manager

Options
  • 08-07-2020 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have gone into hiding for this post. But I have an account on here with several thousand posts

My manager has covered up for a junior manager I made a complaint about.

A junior manager in my company made homophobic remarks about another colleague and I reported it.

The comments were witnessed by another colleague and this colleague gave his version of what transpired.

My manager concluded the investigation into the remarks and made the recommendation that I have my role terminated for making a false accusation and bringing the company into disrepute and this falls under serious misconduct.

I appealed my managers decision to the board of directors and they said that I shouldn’t receive any punishment as my version of events have been verified by other staff members who heard the comment.

The junior manager was given a warning as about his conduct and the case finalised.

Was I slandered by my manager? I few that he didn’t want to deal with this issue and the easiest way was to get rid of me and the only way they could do this was by accusing me of making a false report.

Should I consult a solicitor?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Should I consult a solicitor?

Absolutely, they are the only one that can advise you on this as unlike on a forum you can give them all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Workissue2020

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Absolutely, they are the only one that can advise you on this as unlike on a forum you can give them all the details.

Thanks for the input. It’s appreciated.

Advertisement