Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Anarchists Workbench - Free download direct from the publisher

Options
  • 07-07-2020 1:11am

Following on from the Anarchists Tool Chest and Anarchists Design Book, the final part of the series has just been released via the Lost Art Press website. Here's what the cover looks like - as expected really and will fit nicely with the other two books:

519054.png

What's of particular note (at least until I've read the book!) is that it's available free of charge, 'now and forever'.

Christopher Schwarz, Author and Publisher:

"Oh, one more important fact about the book: You can download it for free. All you have to do is click this link. You don’t have to register for anything or give up your email. Just click the link and the entire book will download to your device in pdf format. The file has no DRM (digital rights management). And it’s covered by a creative commons license that allows you to use the material however you like for non-commercial purposes. You don’t have to register for anything or give up your email. Just click the link and the entire book will download to your device in pdf format. The file has no DRM (digital rights management). And it’s covered by a creative commons license that allows you to use the material however you like for non-commercial purposes."

I'll be ordering a copy when it's available for delivery (due late summer from the printers) but in the meantime, this will do. It looks to be a really comprehensive read and at least at a glance looks like it'll hold interest for any of us keen on nice workbenches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Link is not working, it that why its free:D:D:D:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fixed the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Already have his workbench book which is brilliant. Does anyone have the toolchest book and is it any good. It is incredibly expensive online anywhere I can find it, 75 quid or so is the cheapest

Edit : see it's available for 45 quid now online, before extortionate shipping is included, presumably because it weighs so much

stuchyg wrote: »
    Already have his workbench book which is brilliant. Does anyone have the toolchest book and is it any good. It is incredibly expensive online anywhere I can find it, 75 quid or so is the cheapest

Edit : see it's available for 45 quid now online, before extortionate shipping is included, presumably because it weighs so much

Yeah, I have the first two - toolchest and design. They're both very good, but the Anarchists Tool Chest book is really something I'd consider a top purchase for anyone looking to be sensible about the tools they buy for hand tool woodworking. That €45 plus postage will save you multiples of that in wasted money and stupid purchases if you're anything like the rest of us! :D

I get my Lost Art Press books from Dictum.

https://www.dictum.com/en/tools-hf/anarchist-s-tool-chest-713636

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Does the toolchest book cover powertools or just handtools?

Tree wrote: »
    Does the toolchest book cover powertools or just handtools?

Only hand tools.

It's not for savages. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i might be a savage, but i'm a savage with an overpowered circular saw :D

Received the printed book a few weeks back. Very nice as usual.

Advertisement