Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Zappi E-Sense with Eddi

• 06-07-2020 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ JBinWaterford

Sometimes, the more you read the same section of the instructions, the less clear it becomes ...No ? Just me then.

About to have a Zappi fitted (SEAI grant approval received), and already have PV, Eddi & battery. We've switched to a night-rate tariff.

The Zappi can take advantage of night-rate electricity I understand. But if we don't have the E-sense card/chip/doo-dah in the Eddi, can the Zappi still determine when the night-rate applies ?

- I see there's an Zappi input "terminal" for a E-sense input...just trying to figure out where the that input is from ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ jspuds

Think the e-sense input is for UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭ KCross

jspuds wrote: »

^ That.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ JBinWaterford

jspuds wrote: »

Thanks for clarifying that ...

Would you also have an idea how then, the Zappi "knowns" when the night rate applies ? Is it only from a manual timing entry by the user, in the settings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭ KCross

Would you also have an idea how then, the Zappi "knowns" when the night rate applies ? Is it only from a manual timing entry by the user, in the settings ?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭✭ JBinWaterford

Thanks KCross...am now better informed

• Advertisement
Advertisement