Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service hatch into suspended wood floor

Options
  • 04-07-2020 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I am upgrading my suspended wooden floor with removal, check of all joists and wallplate new DPC, draught proof membrane insulation etc... following this guide

https://www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com/post/best-practice-approach-insulating-suspended-timber-floors

There are a lot of cables and some pipes - water, heating, gas etc. Any hints on how to put in some service hatch if I need to access cables again in the future.. Perhaps there is a ready made hatch door that would be tidy. I would probably put 2 of these - front door beside service entry and Rear door - possible extension in future. Perhaps the hatch could be hidden underneat a sunken floor mat. I would probably leave some pull ropes from each hatch too.

I cant afford a heating upgrade and it works fine no issues, but is there any technique of laying the floorboards I could do that if it was to be revisited in 5 years or so, it would be possible to upgrade.. i.e perhaps lay floorboards in a particular direction, or arrange joints with a view they might be up again.

Comments

Advertisement