Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission for Velux windows?

Options
  • 03-07-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, we live in a standard dormer (not protected etc), just wondering is there any issue installing a couple of velux windows in a bedroom that isnt overlooked (windows wont hinder any privacy of neighbours)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

dave 27 wrote: »
    Hi, we live in a standard dormer (not protected etc), just wondering is there any issue installing a couple of velux windows in a bedroom that isnt overlooked (windows wont hinder any privacy of neighbours)

front or rear of building?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

That not your call, its theirs :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You live in a dormer? What does this mean?

Is it a house, apartment?
    Will the Velux be to the rear, side or front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I's a house with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs with the headroom more limited (like a loft).

The windows would be technically in the back of the house but the pitch of the roof means it can be visible from the front entrance on one side, doubt the other side could be seen as it would be hidden by the roof of the neighbours house (which have no windows in the roof!)

You could say it will be to the side as the house is a bit awkwardly shaped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

You can see the back roof from the front entrance? :confused:

Maybe post a picture OP and if might be easier to explain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I's a house with a bedroom and bathroom upstairs with the headroom more limited (like a loft).

The windows would be technically in the back of the house but the pitch of the roof means it can be visible from the front entrance on one side, doubt the other side could be seen as it would be hidden by the roof of the neighbours house (which have no windows in the roof!)

You could say it will be to the side as the house is a bit awkwardly shaped!!

I know what a dormer roof is but your first post is confusing.
    Bit like me saying I live in a Velux.

Anyway, as above the site sounds complicated with regards to orientation.

Maybe post a pic or failing that you’ll need someone physically to visit the site to give a professional opinion.

Just because something is visible from the public road doesn’t mean it auto needs permission. There are many instances where it can still be exempt.

Advertisement