Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to restore plastics?

• 01-07-2020 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I have a lovely 2002 Golf Cabriolet with 39,000 miles on it. It had one owner (a friend) until I bought it. I’d like to restore the bumper inserts and bits where mirrors join doors. In the past I had “Back to black” but always felt it was a crap product. So I’m asking my Learned Detailers for a Product recommendation ......
    What to buy and where to buy it please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pfx1942

I have used Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer with success.

I use it once every 3 - 4 months and plastics look like new on 97 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Polytrol is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Solution Finish is supposed to be one of the best. I saw the guy on forensic detailing channel use it on a classic Porsche.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Good clean and prep and put some carpro Dlux on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

pfx1942 wrote: »

3-4 months? :confused:

One application should last 2 years once you have prepped the plastic correctly beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

pfx1942 wrote: »

One application should last 2 years once you have prepped the plastic correctly beforehand.

Something must be wrong here.
    I used Carpro Dlux ( similar product )
    Had the car 2 years and the plastics were immaculate when I sold it. I even had the plastic inner arches treated and they looked new.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pfx1942

I just top it up every 3-4 months, I have no idea how long it lasts, if I let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

So how do I prepare the plastic ? Where do I buy the product ? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

So how do I prepare the plastic ? Where do I buy the product ? Thanks.

Gtechniq Panel Wipe from dnddetailing

Advertisement