Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

estimate pricing to knock a load bearing wall

Options
  • 30-06-2020 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I need some help to get a rough estimate of cost to remove a load bearing wall. Approx 3M in length. The height of the wall is 2.7M. There is no electrical on the wall and no floors put in yet. There is also a door included in the 3M. I know I need a steel beam but think that it will have to come down and not be flush with the ceiling as think its more expensive to put the steel into the ceiling. Any ideas of approx cost to knock the wall, take away the rubbish and plaster it. Any help would be appreciated. TX Mary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Joolz30

Mry1234 wrote: »
    I need some help to get a rough estimate of cost to remove a load bearing wall. Approx 3M in length. The height of the wall is 2.7M. There is no electrical on the wall and no floors put in yet. There is also a door included in the 3M. I know I need a steel beam but think that it will have to come down and not be flush with the ceiling as think its more expensive to put the steel into the ceiling. Any ideas of approx cost to knock the wall, take away the rubbish and plaster it. Any help would be appreciated. TX Mary

Hi Mary,

We got our load bearing wall knocked down last month. There was plumbing and electrics to be moved and a new radiator installed too.
    The guys took all old doors and wall away too.
    Cost was 6300e.
    This was in South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Joolz30

Mry1234 wrote: »

Also we got steel beam installed and it comes down a few inches but actually looks very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mry1234

Thanks for the feedback, I'm hoping will be lower price as have no electric or plumbing. It's a high price for removing a wall but has to be done. Will see if I can get a few quotes

Advertisement