Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Kingston Road condition

  • 29-06-2020 9:37am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭ bobbyss


    Anyone notice a deterioration in the state of Kingston Road recently? As you turn right from Bishop O'D Road you are greeted by two bumps/potholes with no way of avoiding them. (F...... hell). The section along Joyce's is esp bad. It reminded me of the state of the N59 out to Clifden at one time.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭ bazwraf


    Can't say I noticed any issues when I drove that exact route yesterday.
    Drive it a few times a week, so will be more vigilant


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭ bazwraf


    Right, traveled this route again last night. Didnt notice anything at all.
    Any pics OP?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭ Whereisgalway


    Is there a cycle lane on this road?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭ bazwraf


    no


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭ Whereisgalway


    They should put a cycle lane there


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭ Laviski


    give it a rest WIG, de railing topic for OP and just trolling as a result of the other thread getting closed.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭ Whereisgalway


    Laviski wrote: »
    give it a rest WIG, de railing topic for OP and just trolling as a result of the other thread getting closed.

    attack the post not the poster, I am engaging on the condition of Kingston road which this thread is about


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko


    Drop it please.
    This thread is about surface problems on the road, not cycle lanes.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭ Your Face


    That side of Galway has some very bad roads.
    Dr Mannix Rd is a patchwork job.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭ bobbyss


    No pictures I am afraid. Two annoying bumps as you turn into K Road and very uneven and patchy surface aroud Joyces. That is all. I supposre a smooth road is out of the question these days.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭ zell12


    Hit both these potholes recently
    Ow!

    You cannot avoid them, as it is a very narrow lane


  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ Ashleigh1986


    A lot of the roads around galway city are in a bad state .
    Bohermore is in a shocking state .
    It's up there now with ballybane road and Newcastle road from the traffic lights at bridge to Westwood lights and beyond.
    As for the coast road out to Oranmore from roscam .... Why do we pay motor tax? ..


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭ at1withmyself


    Why do we pay motor tax? ..

    Its due to the co2 emmsions from your car...


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko


    Keep it Kingston Road


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭ zell12


    Those two noticeable potholes are still there near the junction..a year later


  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ VanWildcard


    zell12 wrote: »
    Those two noticeable potholes are still there near the junction..a year later

    Spray a brightly colored circle around them, like the council are doing around dog poos in the city.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭ bobbyss


    zell12 wrote:
    Those two noticeable potholes are still there near the junction..a year later

    Yep. On them today. They're not big things at all except you can not avoid them once you make that turn. I use that road as opposed to WDR because of all those speed ramps.
    Also re Kingston Rd. Coming to the lights to turn left onto BO'D Road, waiting as cars from BO'D road have green to go left down T Hill or straight or right, yet no filter from Kingston R to turn left. Waiting. A little tweak is all that's needed. All these little things matter.
    Also re K Road. The hold ups as cars wait to overtake cyclists! Has anyone any solutions to make that situation safer for all parties?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭ Laviski


    bobbyss wrote: »
    Yep. On them today. They're not big things at all except you can not avoid them once you make that turn. I use that road as opposed to WDR because of all those speed ramps.
    Also re Kingston Rd. Coming to the lights to turn left onto BO'D Road, waiting as cars from BO'D road have green to go left down T Hill or straight or right, yet no filter from Kingston R to turn left. Waiting. A little tweak is all that's needed. All these little things matter.
    Also re K Road. The hold ups as cars wait to overtake cyclists! Has anyone any solutions to make that situation safer for all parties?

    Careful now, you might provoke a person to start camping with their camera at the speed sign again 🀣


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭ zell12


    18 months later, that Kingston section has been resurfaced.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ ?Cee?view




  • Advertisement
Advertisement