Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far East and Customs

Options
  • 27-06-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

I ordered a lightweight saddle from Ali Express and tracking is telling me it is held up in customs in Ireland. This status hasn't changed for a few days.

Is this normal ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I ordered a lightweight saddle from Ali Express and tracking is telling me it is held up in customs in Ireland. This status hasn't changed for a few days.

Is this normal ?

I've had a few items in there for weeks I'd imagine they're isolating everything coming in from China and putting it on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Why single out China. You would think they would just check and move it on

Why single out China. You would think they would just check and move it on

Yeah true now I think of it i did receive and item from China last week so possibly not the case at all. It could be customs are just working at reduced staff levels so just delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Yeah true now I think of it i did receive and item from China last week so possibly not the case at all. It could be customs are just working at reduced staff levels so just delays.

It's not really reduced staff levels , the normal amount of staff are there , it's just the amount of items that are coming in has rocketed but it's difficult to bring in more staff because of Covid restrictions .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I've had a few items in there for weeks I'd imagine they're isolating everything coming in from China and putting it on the long finger.

I wonder did they isolate all the items of P.P.E. that have come in from China, on 259 Are Lingus flights, in the last couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ive Ordered jerseys and other stuff from Ali in the last 6 weeks. Some of it has arrived other stuff is on the way. So they’re still operating and personally I didn’t get hit for customs. Probably spent over €150 on various stuff

Don't suppose anyone has a number I can phone ?

Still held up in customs and its only a saddle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It's Christmas style delays for me from Ali - I just put it down to the overall amount of on-line shopping. The Ali stuff always seems to be put to the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It's Christmas style delays for me from Ali - I just put it down to the overall amount of on-line shopping. The Ali stuff always seems to be put to the back.

I ordered a pull up bar from China first week of lock down and it arrived Monday.... (it was marked as being in the UK but was shipped from China - was not impressed at the time) I even had been refunded.

I ordered some smart cctv cameras from China last Tuesday and they arrived yesterday...

Luck of the draw that it doesn't get left in a pile id imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Email your invoice to dmc@revenue.ie with the tracking no as the subject. Make it easy and they're usually quite expedient.

• Advertisement

My stuff just started coming through this week so I'd hold tight. When did you order? I had carbon bars and some hiking/camping bits arrive

My stuff just started coming through this week so I'd hold tight. When did you order? I had carbon bars and some hiking/camping bits arrive

Can't remember but if arrived in the country June 19th and has been held up since. Will email above address on Monday

Can't remember but if arrived in the country June 19th and has been held up since. Will email above address on Monday

Mine arrived 14th June and has been in customs up until yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Mine arrived 14th June and has been in customs up until yesterday

I had 3 items with that time frame. 2 have arrived and 1 still saying that. I'm happy enough it'll get here

ED E wrote: »
    Email your invoice to dmc@revenue.ie with the tracking no as the subject. Make it easy and they're usually quite expedient.

Did that, they got back to me and don't recognise the tracking number. And actually looking at it again I think it may be the Netherlands it is held up in. Would this seem correct to you guys ?

All of my packages arrived today. One had said it had only left country of origin so I guess it's very hit and miss at the minute. I've never had anything sent via the netherlands. Did you contact the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did that, they got back to me and don't recognise the tracking number. And actually looking at it again I think it may be the Netherlands it is held up in. Would this seem correct to you guys ?

Chinese sellers bounce things via NL, very common.

It could be in Schipol, it could be in Dublin and just not scanned yet. Youll want to keep an eye on this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057689533&page=120

It finally arrived last Monday. I sent a message to the seller asking them to look into it but doubt that made any difference as got no reply from them.

Advertisement