Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone experienced drug addiction?

Options
  • 27-06-2020 9:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I know a few male friends who would be addicted to more than the bottle. Mainly coke and ecstasy use is rampant among them.

I don't know if its true but although people take them to enjoy themselves in a pub, rave there's also an element of self medicating. A lot of my male friends wouldn't be good with talking about emotions.

Does this ring true for anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yes. Lots of people.

Had a college project partner like that. Addiction to prozac. Very very bad for me as his project partner in college

Let's talk about me though. I flunked that year. My final full time year in college.
    I am still smarting from it 20 years later. - now that i don't have an alma mater.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Had a college project partner like that. Addiction to prozac. Very very bad for me as his project partner in college

Let's talk about me though. I flunked that year. My final full time year in college.
    I am still smarting from it 20 years later. - now that i don't have an alma mater.

Prozac wouldn't really be considered a drug you can abuse. Antidepressants/antipsychotics are drugs you'll actually find in mental hospitals are things that patients spit out in secret when given by nurses. They dont give you any euphoria (apart from relief of psychosis/depression) and have side effects that include lethargy, suicidal behavior.

Things like benzos (Xanax, Valium), opiates (codeine, morphine, tramadol) and stimulants (ritalin, concerta) are the ones that cause dependence and addiction.

Advertisement