Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effect of solar on a ber

Options
  • 26-06-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello folks

I am wondering if any one has a rough idea of the effects of solar thermal on a ber.

Ber is currently c2 on a 3 bed semi.

Anthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

It is pretty complicated because a reader had no access to the original report. When was the BER done? what year was the house built? See a big factor in these reports if you have default values used. Airtightness is a good example. I suspect you have a default airtightness value, its possible that you house had excellent airtightness and you could boost the BER more by hiring a blow tester than getting solar. It is possible that your house has very poor airtightness too and a blower test downgrades the BER.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bobboberson

It is pretty complicated because a reader had no access to the original report. When was the BER done? what year was the house built? See a big factor in these reports if you have default values used. Airtightness is a good example. I suspect you have a default airtightness value, its possible that you house had excellent airtightness and you could boost the BER more by hiring a blow tester than getting solar. It is possible that your house has very poor airtightness too and a blower test downgrades the BER.

Hey the house was built in 1993 the report was done about 3 years ago.

We are having the solar thermal installed in part because we had to replace alot of the hot water system in the house

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hello folks

I am wondering if any one has a rough idea of the effects of solar thermal on a ber.

Ber is currently c2 on a 3 bed semi.

Anthony

it will make it better

the margin of this is down to the specifics

Advertisement