Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Dublin Mountain at night

Options
  • 26-06-2020 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi All,

I hope everybody is doing okay in the current situation. My question is how safe is to cycle Dublin Mountain at night. The reason I would like to go at night is to catch sunrise and sunsets from the top of the Dublin Mountain. I remember 5 years ago I was taking sunset photo from the Panoramic view (close to Zip line thing) and when it got darken I remember it was the scariest experience cycling at night. No street lamps, drunk kids riding cars like crazy on narrow roads etc.

My route is usually: Rathfarnham castle - Ballyboden - Old military road - Panoramic view Zip line

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭saccades

lil_kev wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope everybody is doing okay in the current situation. My question is how safe is to cycle Dublin Mountain at night. The reason I would like to go at night is to catch sunrise and sunsets from the top of the Dublin Mountain. I remember 5 years ago I was taking sunset photo from the Panoramic view (close to Zip line thing) and when it got darken I remember it was the scariest experience cycling at night. No street lamps, drunk kids riding cars like crazy on narrow roads etc.

My route is usually: Rathfarnham castle - Ballyboden - Old military road - Panoramic view Zip line

Thanks! :)

Grand, in 20 years I've seen a couple of raves, some beasts with two backs and that luulah that plays the flute in a spooky way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

No streetlights, element of boy racer about the cars up there, if anyone wanted to do anything to you (unlikely) you'd be entirely at their mercy, but nice atmosphere at night

I'd say it's safe enough as you know the dangers - you'll hear the cars coming so can pull in if necessary

Who is the chap with the flute?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Unless you're seriously unlucky and startle someone burying something or someone, you're almost certain to have the entire expanse completely to yourself.
    Sounds like a wonderful idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Beware cycling at night....

I did waterford greenway alone a couple of winters ago and met a fox in in the distance under the moonlight.

Nothing strange about that, except for the fact that his eyes reflected yellow in the headlight...

Suddenly every fe(kin werewolf horror film I avidly watched in my teens came flooding back!

Nearly $hat meself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

8valve wrote: »
    Beware cycling at night....

I did waterford greenway alone a couple of winters ago and met a fox in in the distance under the moonlight.

Nothing strange about that, except for the fact that his eyes reflected yellow in the headlight...

Suddenly every fe(kin werewolf horror film I avidly watched in my teens came flooding back!

Nearly $hat meself lol

Ever cycled the Phoenix Park at night? 100 pairs of deer eyes reflecting back at you is weird!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i nearly got taken out by a stag on the khyber road one night in the dark.
    all i saw was a pair of antlers rushing by me maybe 2m in front of me.

Advertisement