Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this enough and is it a decent price?

Options
  • 26-06-2020 4:01pm

I have a standard 3 bed semi. Electricity bill about 1200 per annum. I got two water panels installed when I was getting the heating boiler replaced about 6 years ago. Happy with that but as I only have an electric shower I don't feel I'm getting full whack from it.

So I made a few calls and so far I have been quoted 6700 for 8 panels + 2.6kwh battery. That's after the grant.

I would also like to get the hot water connected in the shower so I can use the hot water and not the electric all the time but that's a separate priced job.

Realistically, how much approx can I expect my bill to decrease and is this system worth running with in your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

I have a standard 3 bed semi. Electricity bill about 1200 per annum. I got two water panels installed when I was getting the heating boiler replaced about 6 years ago. Happy with that but as I only have an electric shower I don't feel I'm getting full whack from it.

So I made a few calls and so far I have been quoted 6700 for 8 panels + 2.6kwh battery. That's after the grant.

I would also like to get the hot water connected in the shower so I can use the hot water and not the electric all the time but that's a separate priced job.

Realistically, how much approx can I expect my bill to decrease and is this system worth running with in your opinion?

Not much detail (roof direction) size of panel etc but looks extremely expensive. There are two whole threads that will give you a better idea.

Advertisement