Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA & Whirpool oven breaks for the third time in 3 years

Options
  • 26-06-2020 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Purchased an oven from Ikea with our kitchen back in July 2016 with the benefit of a 5 year warranty. The warranty is covered by Whirlpool/hotpoint. Since July 2017-May 2020, the heating element in the fan oven has broken 3 times and has been fixed twice to date. I have requested Whirlpool either replace the oven as it appears to be faulty or provide a warranty on the element which has broken 3 times in the last 3 years. As the warranty only lasts another year we will most likely have the same problem next year as the same element keeps breaking.

They are refusing to do either request. What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

gavinmcg20 wrote: »
    Purchased an oven from Ikea with our kitchen back in July 2016 with the benefit of a 5 year warranty. The warranty is covered by Whirlpool/hotpoint. Since July 2017-May 2020, the heating element in the fan oven has broken 3 times and has been fixed twice to date. I have requested Whirlpool either replace the oven as it appears to be faulty or provide a warranty on the element which has broken 3 times in the last 3 years. As the warranty only lasts another year we will most likely have the same problem next year as the same element keeps breaking.

They are refusing to do either request. What can I do?

Consumer law says that a repair must be permanent. They have exhausted this and should now be giving you a replacement of a similar product or a refund. You may have to pursue it through the SCC though if they are refusing to replace/refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if they refuse the refund/replace option, write a formal letter of complaint, and tell them you will be filing in small claims count in 30 days if you do not receive redress. send registered post.

in 30 days file with SCC.

Advertisement