Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Cloud Platform vs. AWS

Options
  • 25-06-2020 10:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I haven't had much of an opportunity to use AWS services. I have used GCP services extensively though. Is Google Cloud Platform under rated? When searching for work, especially in DevOps, I only ever see companies looking for AWS experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

Well AWS is the market leader in the space so it makes sense.

Decent companies and hiring teams should treat experience with any of the main cloud providers as equivalent; unless they're specifically looking for an expert in a particular implementation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Unless I've missed something, and I've used GCP, with some AWS experience, I see little difference right now. Maybe they is massive differences from pricing, to ease of use and differences in what's on offer, but I don't see it just yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

Google Cloud is definitely a good platform regarding containerisation. However, and maybe this has changed, Azure and AWS have much better data centre coverage and are in my view, Enterprise products whereas Google Cloud isn't quite there yet.

Advertisement