Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugal- surfing and camping trip in Auigust

Options
  • 25-06-2020 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

Me and my friends are planning a road trip to Portugal in August. We would like to hire a camper for 4 ppl and cruise along the coast, and do some surfing.
    That said I read that camping is prohibited except for designated camping areas - it is allowed to park the car by a road, but not to camp. This is quite understandable for the safety reasons, however I was wondering about camping at some "unspoilt by human /wild" terrains, preferably close to the oceanside.
    We will obviosuly keep it safe, and clean- but would love to avoid busy campings, and stay as close to nature as possible.
    Does anyone here know if the Portugese are strict about giving tickets to those who want to camp outside of esignated camping fields ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Daveno wrote: »
    Hi

Me and my friends are planning a road trip to Portugal in August. We would like to hire a camper for 4 ppl and cruise along the coast, and do some surfing.
    That said I read that camping is prohibited except for designated camping areas - it is allowed to park the car by a road, but not to camp. This is quite understandable for the safety reasons, however I was wondering about camping at some "unspoilt by human /wild" terrains, preferably close to the oceanside.
    We will obviosuly keep it safe, and clean- but would love to avoid busy campings, and stay as close to nature as possible.
    Does anyone here know if the Portugese are strict about giving tickets to those who want to camp outside of esignated camping fields ? :confused:

Download the Campercontact app. There are loads of aires and legal stopovers for motorhomes all over Portugal without having to use campsites. This details prices (where applicable), facilities (water, grey water, cassette toilet emptying, EHU (electric hook up) etc), whether just parking or “camping behaviour” is allowed and shows photos and reviews from other users.

We’ve used it in France, Spain, Germany and Italy the last few years and it’s fantastic.

Advertisement