Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holden Motor Company Dublin

• 25-06-2020 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Has anyone dealt with this company? Looking into buying something from them but the reviews on google are very mixed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donal Lawlor

Hello,

I would advise extreme caution to anyone considering buying a car from Holden Motor Company. We bought a 2012 Landrover from Holden in Feb 2021. Within 5 months the timing belt and water pump, EGR and manifold was cracked amongst other faults. Unfortunately over the first 6 months of ownership this cost circa €7k to repair. contacted Holden and feedback was told, "Warranty is 3 months what do you expect us to do here?" In August of this year (2022) the engine seized and we have been advised that a new engine will be required, Circa €14k. Unfortunately, we have been sold a very bad car by Holden that is now close to worthless. The car had been serviced throughout our 18 months of ownership. It is now scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mamba101

Sorry that you've had to deal with that.

Did you ever consider any legal action for being sold a car not fit for purpose? the 3 month warranty doesn't void your consumer rights, given the money involved maybe worth consulting with a legal advisor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭User1998

Timing belt, water pump, and EGR are all wear & tear items. Engine seizing was 16 months after purchase. Not much chance of compensation I’d imagine. And small claims court can only award €2k in damages.

They are local enough to me and I’ve never heard anything bad about them. A few garages around the area have a bad rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I would say the main issue above is the ten year old landrover rather than the selling garage.

The one brand to be very careful in purchasing. Nearly need to know the previous owner and their history. Or be prepared to do serious proactive maintenance yourself. They're just soft

Advertisement