Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block shed query

Options
  • 25-06-2020 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to build a boundary wall around the back of my house. The wall will just be to separate me from a field. My plan at the min was to build this wall with a 9" block on its flat and leave it at that for now. Then at a later point I'd like to build the boundary wall on up to put a shed in this corner. Would that work or what would I need to consider now for a shed down the line. The shed is mainly to store a tractor in and a few other things like tools, bikes etc. I'm just worried is a solid 9" block a complete recipe for damp or how I could tackle this?

Also, just to complicate things a bit it is a bit of an awkward shape right in this corner as the wall would be running off in two directions. One of the side walls and the rear wall. I'd then square the front wall and the other side wall. I just want to make full use of the corner. I know that will complicate a roof slightly but I assume this can be done ok? The shed would be about 8 m long and be 5.4m at the front and 6.5 at the rear.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Surface water run off from the roof.
    If you build up from the block will the eaves, gutter etc over sail the wall and thus a boundary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adrnwlls

Gumbo wrote: »
    Surface water run off from the roof.
    If you build up from the block will the eaves, gutter etc over sail the wall and thus a boundary?

Was planning on a mono pitched roof with it falling back into me to a gutter. The boundary on the other side is a field as well.

Advertisement