Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mf 4355 and 894 loader

Options
  • 24-06-2020 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hi all,

anyone have the above..how are they working?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Have a snoopy nose 4wd one here for 4 years no issues don't use in much apart from feeding bales, spreading fert and spraying very nimble wouldn't be great to pull a load but not an issue for me.

good loader, takes a double bale handler and one on the front no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭omu

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Have a snoopy nose 4wd one here for 4 years no issues don't use in much apart from feeding bales, spreading fert and spraying very nimble wouldn't be great to pull a load but not an issue for me.

Thanks so much for the info. I would need it similarly myself. The odd run with 5 cows maybe but rarely. Any issues with gears?? Does the 894 loader work with most modern attachments..sorry for all the questions. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Yea loader has a euro headstock so fits anything you need. Gears are grand for me no issue but I imagine if a rough operator had it they'd be loose

Yea loader has a euro headstock so fits anything you need. Gears are grand for me no issue but I imagine if a rough operator had it they'd be loose

cheers..great stuff. I'm still a bit in shock that you can carry 3 bales of silage no bother. its great to know. thanks again for all the info..much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

omu wrote: »
    cheers..great stuff. I'm still a bit in shock that you can carry 3 bales of silage no bother. its great to know. thanks again for all the info..much appreciated!

Carry 3 here on a 4255 too

• Advertisement

Cavanjack wrote: »

Does it take long to remove the loader?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bean_Flicker

I have a 390T 4WD with front end loader, I bring one on the back and one on the front.

According to the tractordata website the 4355, 4255 and 390T tractors are all 95 HP

Surly the 390T would be fit for carrying 3 bales also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

I have a 390T 4WD with front end loader, I bring one on the back and one on the front.

According to the tractordata website the 4355, 4255 and 390T tractors are all 95 HP

Why wouldn’t it

Any tips on how to remove the 894 loader??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

omu wrote: »
    Any tips on how to remove the 894 loader??

Put a bucket or implement on the loader. Park on level ground.

Lower until bucket is level and about 6 inches off the ground. Fold out stands until they are as close to the ground as possible.

Crowd the bucket downwards and remove the pins and brackets each side of mounting plates. These pins will be tight if the loader hasn’t been off in a while, crowding the bucket down should help loosen them, if not there is adjustment bolts.

Fully lower the loader (close the main lifting rams) and crowd the bucket upwards while inching slightly forwards. Disconnect hydraulics then.

When you have it off once it will become clear exactly what needs to be done in future.

It’s 2 minutes work when you are familiar with it and the stop bolts are correctly adjusted.

• Advertisement

Lower until bucket is level and about 6 inches off the ground. Fold out stands until they are as close to the ground as possible.

Crowd the bucket downwards and remove the pins and brackets each side of mounting plates. These pins will be tight if the loader hasn’t been off in a while, crowding the bucket down should help loosen them, if not there is adjustment bolts.

Fully lower the loader (close the main lifting rams) and crowd the bucket upwards while inching slightly forwards. Disconnect hydraulics then.

When you have it off once it will become clear exactly what needs to be done in future.

It’s 2 minutes work when you are familiar with it and the stop bolts are correctly adjusted.
    Thanks Fintan, much appreciated..will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

As above. You might need to jump on the bucket a bit to get it to swing up out of the loader brackets. The idea is to balance the loader on the stands and then when you tilt up the front of the bucket off the ground, the loader should rise up out if the brackets.

When putting on the loader, drive tractor into position, connect the pipes and tilt the bucket down towards the ground, causing the loader to fall back down into the brackets.

jimmy G M wrote: »
    As above. You might need to jump on the bucket a bit to get it to swing up out of the loader brackets. The idea is to balance the loader on the stands and then when you tilt up the front of the bucket off the ground, the loader should rise up out if the brackets.

When putting on the loader, drive tractor into position, connect the pipes and tilt the bucket down towards the ground, causing the loader to fall back down into the brackets.

Thanks Jimmy! Will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

A neighbour has one and will carry 3 when they are dry.
    With wet stuff a 390t could be at her limit on the lift capacity.
    Afaik 390t has a capacity of 3000kg . 4255 and 4355 have a lift capacity at the links of 4000kgs .
    I have a 80hp 2wd that takes 2 fusion bales on the back with 250kgs of weight on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

9935452 wrote: »
    A neighbour has one and will carry 3 when they are dry.
    With wet stuff a 390t could be at her limit on the lift capacity.
    Afaik 390t has a capacity of 3000kg . 4255 and 4355 have a lift capacity at the links of 4000kgs .
    I have a 80hp 2wd that takes 2 fusion bales on the back with 250kgs of weight on the front.

+1
    390 wouldn't be up to double bale handler except for the haylage or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭emaherx

+1
    390 wouldn't be up to double bale handler except for the haylage or the likes.

Probably depends on the bales to be fair, but my 390 handles a double bale lifter with the heaviest bales from my baler with no issues.

There is no assister rams on it either which would increase it's lift capacity.

My baler is a class 46 though so the bales have less grass than modern high capacity balers, but there is a big difference between the wettest of dryest baled.

Wouldn't be a fan of carrying 3 though unless the loader frame reinforces the middle of the tractor and bolts to the back axle, which mine doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

interesting, I always wondered would our 4245 be able to handle 3 bales. Does your tractor have two rams on the lift? ours just has the one.

Thanks jimmy..worked like a dream!

Thanks fintan..all good now!!

Advertisement