Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Real/Scam?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko
    Arbiter

When you get a mail like this, google the text in the mail to see if anyone else have already reported it
    https://www.google.com/search?q=If+this+was+you%2C+click+the+button+below+to+bypass+the+waiting+period+by+using+your+existing+security+info
    It seems the jury's still out on this.

Either way - don't be clicking links in unsolicited mails.

If you are worried then open a new tab and log into microsoft using your usual URL (not the links in the mail). Look around for messages from Microsoft.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 43,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭ muffler

Any security alerts I receive always state to ignore if it was me and if not to reset password and/or contact them. You are being asked to click on links for both scenarios which indicates a scam for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭ TheChizler

It's a genuine Microsoft link and seems to be the email here. Looks like someone might have your login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭ antix80

Log into your Microsoft account the usual way. Change your password, enable 2-factor security, update your security questions if they're still a thing, view contact info like other email addresses and phone numbers you've registered and delete anything you don't recognise.

Your account is now secure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 feyaye

seems it is legit and comes from microsoft

• Advertisement
Advertisement