Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water damage - Insurance cover

Options
  • 24-06-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello,

I have the following damage on my ceiling, (above is my hot press and one of my two showers).

My partner and I wondered if it was worth making a claim to our insurance company ? (Bank of Ireland).

Regards

Clem'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

barry1708 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have the following damage on my ceiling, (above is my hot press and one of my two showers).

My partner and I wondered if it was worth making a claim to our insurance company ? (Bank of Ireland).

Regards

Clem'
    Have you fixed the cause of the problem ?

Photo isn’t great , it it just a water stain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Two things occur,
    the claim will jack up your premium.
    read the policy carefully, just renewing ours and this sort of stuff looks like it is excluded

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭barry1708

ted1 wrote: »
    Have you fixed the cause of the problem ?

Photo isn’t great , it it just a water stain ?

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply,

The thing is we can't localise the issue , we checked the hot press from bottom to top, nothing.

We checked the bathroom as well, nothing, no pipes overcloaging while running water whatsoever. We called a company to propulse air thoroughout all our pipes in case the issue was located in a more deep / inaccessible part of the pipes.
    Still the same issue.

The only option remaining is either calling a plumber or opening the ceiling up to check directly...

Should I call a plumber cause it's been like that for months now. And it seems that it's only aggravating recently and seems to be a super slow progression?

Cheers
    Clem.

Two things occur,
    the claim will jack up your premium.
    read the policy carefully, just renewing ours and this sort of stuff looks like it is excluded

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Will check up my policy and will be in touch.

Cheers.

Clem'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

barry1708 wrote: »
    Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply,

The thing is we can't localise the issue , we checked the hot press from bottom to top, nothing.

We checked the bathroom as well, nothing, no pipes overcloaging while running water whatsoever. We called a company to propulse air thoroughout all our pipes in case the issue was located in a more deep / inaccessible part of the pipes.
    Still the same issue.

The only option remaining is either calling a plumber or opening the ceiling up to check directly...

Should I call a plumber cause it's been like that for months now. And it seems that it's only aggravating recently and seems to be a super slow progression?

Cheers
    Clem.
    It mightn’t be a leaky pipe. It may be a sealant side around the bath or shower. Water could be going down between the wall and bath/shower

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    It mightn’t be a leaky pipe. It may be a sealant side around the bath or shower. Water could be going down between the wall and bath/shower

I'll try to send you guys a few pictures from the bathroom itself.

Advertisement