Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your Junior cert results compared to Leaving cert

• 23-06-2020 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just curious how people’s JC results compare to their LC results.

I got

JC 2 A’s 8 B’s

LC. 520 points (converted)

I feel I matured gracefully

Is there anywhere online that shows stats on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭c_f_p99

8As, 1B (CSPE) and a Higher Merit in English for the JC (2017).

Currently doing the LC. In the mocks, I got 601 points with H1s in Maths, Applied Maths, Economics (a complete fluke though) and French and H2s in Physics (89%! Delighted as I expected low 70s in it, I just performed really badly on the day), Music (87%, but the practical wasn't counted which would definitely bring up my result) and English! (so shocked with that, 83% f*cking ecstatic). Got an O4 in Irish too.

In the real LC, I'd probably get 589 considering my Christmas and Summer exams being 601 on average. I'd be delighted if I get into at least Engineering in UCD (511 points last year).

I didn't find the LC to be any harder (in fact, LC Maths was easier for me than JC Maths), although near the end of 6th year, I started to burn out with all the stress. It's the exact same thing as the JC: you need to learn off the textbook and particularly the marking schemes (although external knowledge is more important for the LC, particularly for Economics, although no where near as important as the marking schemes). I never really studied much compared to other people and procrastinated a lot throughout the two years. Thank god for the predicted grades, made my life so much easier and right now, I'm a lazy arse not really doing much other than video games and Netflix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can't remember the details really, but I remember being quite pleased I went up a grade in Irish from the Inter. to the Leaving.

In those days we never saw marking schemes and it was only in Maths that we saw a previous year's paper. Just one. We saw 1979's paper. We were not the better for it.

1979 Paper One
    1979 Paper Two

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

Is there anywhere that would publish results of JC compared to LC, obviously not on an individual basis but even rough averages

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The SEC have statistics about what percentage got what grade etc.. Accessible from examinations.ie

https://www.examinations.ie/statistics/

Advertisement