Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation from An Post for undelivered registered mail.

• 23-06-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever got compensation from An Post for undelivered registered mail?

The item I sent in Feb 2020 never arrived at the destination and the tracking ends with...

12 February 2020 04:23
    Your post has left An Post DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

I have a case open with them since 26/02/2020. They have now stopped taking any queries to customer.services@anpost.ie and refer you to their online chat.

They simply give the same answers such as "investigations ongoing", "delays due to current situation". When you ask awkward questions they simply cut you off and end the chat. Getting a transcript of the chat doesn't work.

Have you had any experience in this area with them? If so, how did you get on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Yes, that was the first thing I did when opening a case with them.

Since then, on 30-06-2020, four months after I opened the case, I received a letter from An Post looking for the receipt of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Usually once you send in the receipt and proof of item cost you'll have a cheque out within a week or two, that was pre covid for anytime I had to make a claim

5500 wrote: »
    Usually once you send in the receipt and proof of item cost you'll have a cheque out within a week or two, that was pre covid for anytime I had to make a claim

I've never claimed before. In your experience is the four month wait usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

Covid is now being used as a scapegoat for issues that have existed before the bastarding virus even existed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Raise it on twitter. Ignore their attempts to redirect you. Nobody likes their dirty washing aired in public. I've done this successfully with a variety of organizations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I've never claimed before. In your experience is the four month wait usual?

Yep, I've had claims touching 6 months before they were settled and that was before anyone knew what covid was

Today, five months after opening a claim, I received a cheque from An Post. It covered my declared value plus a refund of the postage fee.

Thank you to those who advised. I got more info here than from An Post's customer service.

Advertisement