Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay Ireland support number cost

Options
  • 23-06-2020 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering what cost the number to eBay is per min, 1890 944 222?

I can't see this info on their site.

---

I have an item that classifies for a free return because there's a problem with the item and that qualifies for the very reason that there's a problem but there's no point in staying on the phone for the current waiting time of 45 mins and spending a fortune on the call.

Here's the quote at the helpline link:
    Here's some information that might help you for 'Who pays for return postage costs?'
    If there's a problem with an item, the seller is responsible for paying return postage costs.

If a buyer changes their mind about an order and wants to return it, they may be required to pay the postage costs, depending on the seller's return policy.

Sellers can provide a return address and additional postage information for the buyer.

For business sellers, find out eBay's return policy requirements, and how to best handle returns.

I honestly never knew that the seller must pay the postage in this case.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

1890 numbers are now classed as national call rate numbers since last December so it should in essence cost nothing as most mobile packages and land line phones provide for free national calls up to 1 hour duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

muffler wrote: »
    1890 numbers are now classed as national call rate numbers since last December so it should in essence cost nothing as most mobile packages and land line phones provide for free national calls up to 1 hour duration.

This, I did not know. Cheers for that info.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    There should be no need to call eBay and involve them at this stage, contact the seller and explain the issue in a nice friendly way and most sellers will work with you, and if they don’t play along open a dispute and escalate it at the earliest point, calling eBay will be fruitless in my experience.

I did that. No reply from the seller. The seller had free returns mentioned for any reason in the description paid by them but the listing had buyer pays.

I ended up emailing Ebay but they say they can't change the current return reason. So they gave me a PayPal link to return the postage money, after I send it.

OmegaGene wrote: »

Thanks. I'll probably just post the item back and claim the cost of postage.

Seeing as when I messaged ebay and they didn't change the reason for return I doubt they'll do anything. They were the ones that gave me that very link you gave.

Advertisement