Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

FCE Scan?? Biomechanics

  • #1
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ frebel


    Anyone with experiences with this?
    Looking to try get a full picture of many ailments rather than constantly dealing with upcoming issues.

    https://fcescan.ie/
    Incorporating three methods in one system we create an overall view of the bodies bio-mechanics (how the body works). The three methods are:


    1. Dynamic Spine, Pelvis and Postural analysis.
    2. Video Gait analysis.
    3. Dynamic Foot & Gait analysis.

    Sports involve movement. Injuries generally occur during movement. But all current forms of injury assessment focus on static musculo-skeletal tests such as MRI x-ray or clinical examinations. FCE Scan assesses the musculo-skeletal system in a dynamic form.


Comments



  • frebel wrote: »
    Anyone with experiences with this?
    Looking to try get a full picture of many ailments rather than constantly dealing with upcoming issues.

    https://fcescan.ie/
    Incorporating three methods in one system we create an overall view of the bodies bio-mechanics (how the body works). The three methods are:


    1. Dynamic Spine, Pelvis and Postural analysis.
    2. Video Gait analysis.
    3. Dynamic Foot & Gait analysis.

    Sports involve movement. Injuries generally occur during movement. But all current forms of injury assessment focus on static musculo-skeletal tests such as MRI x-ray or clinical examinations. FCE Scan assesses the musculo-skeletal system in a dynamic form.

    My understanding of this company is that they offer you a scan only, and give you this information to give to your physio/therapist etc.
    (unless this has change recently)

    This information might be very good, but that will depend on what you do with the information.

    If you open a can of alphabet spaghetti all the letters are there to make up the alphabet. But unless you know the alphabet you will never get the sequence right ;)




  • I've been thinking of doing this too in the near future. Let us know how you get on if you do go ahead with it!




  • Sacksian wrote: »
    I've been thinking of doing this too in the near future. Let us know how you get on if you do go ahead with it!
    Got scan done with FCE and was really impressed with them... DM me if you have questions...
    I would also say Ceepo was spot on with a few recommendations he gave me. I even brought some of them to FCE to get 2nd opinion and he was pretty spot on despite only seeing a few photos of me... I'd imagine with more time or in person, he would be outstanding. I would have gone to his practice if it wasn't for lockdown

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Kenny-Curran-Functional-Rehabilitation-1912338492174938/




  • frebel wrote: »
    Got scan done with FCE and was really impressed with them... DM me if you have questions...
    I would also say Ceepo was spot on with a few recommendations he gave me. I even brought some of them to FCE to get 2nd opinion and he was pretty spot on despite only seeing a few photos of me... I'd imagine with more time or in person, he would be outstanding. I would have gone to his practice if it wasn't for lockdown

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Kenny-Curran-Functional-Rehabilitation-1912338492174938/

    That's really good to hear - I'll put together a list and DM you when I've finished!




  • Looks very interesting. I have issues with scoliosis that I’m worried will be significantly worse when I’m older. My neck would be in poor shape too.

    Is the follow up care good as well or is it more a case of “here’s the info, do as you wish with it”?


  • Advertisement


  • frebel wrote: »
    Got scan done with FCE and was really impressed with them... DM me if you have questions...
    I would also say Ceepo was spot on with a few recommendations he gave me. I even brought some of them to FCE to get 2nd opinion and he was pretty spot on despite only seeing a few photos of me... I'd imagine with more time or in person, he would be outstanding. I would have gone to his practice if it wasn't for lockdown

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation/Kenny-Curran-Functional-Rehabilitation-1912338492174938/

    Thanks for the shout out frebel.
    Much appreciated.
    Glad I could help out in some small way.




  • corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Looks very interesting. I have issues with scoliosis that I’m worried will be significantly worse when I’m older. My neck would be in poor shape too.

    Is the follow up care good as well or is it more a case of “here’s the info, do as you wish with it”?

    Not for me to answer anything about the fce scan as I've never had one.

    But I can tell you that if you want to address scoliosis you need to think more about tension and integration of your musculature system, and try to correct that.
    It's not about strength or flexibility.
    Working on this will also help your neck issues, they are related.




  • Just to give an update with the injury...

    Have cancelled the surgery appt and back running!
    Even though my GP (who is brilliant and a former physio) and 2 physios strongly suggested surgery was the best option, I've ironed out other issues which has greatly reduced the hip pain.

    I'm not 100% yet but back doing strides and reps at tempo pace as well as hours and hours of cycling which is a crazy turnaround within 4 weeks. Someday, who knows, I may have to get surgery, but the longer I can delay it the better.

    Having dealt with FCE and Ceepo over the last few weeks I would be very reluctant to go to a physio again... there seems to a be a few people out there offering alternatives (anthony claffey, movement 101 etc) that have to be worth a consideration ahead of going 'under the knife'

    In my experience, a lot of physios just deal with the issue in front of them instead of looking at the whole picture and 'why' things are happening. In contrast, Ceepo is possibly a genius when it comes to figuring out how different issues and traits affect your body... think he might be doing online consults now as well so worth a shout for any recurring injury issues. Either way, I'd have a 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th opinion before going down the surgery route.

    Just said I'd give update as it might give someone some encouragment...(hopefully I won't be back here crying again in a few weeks)




  • frebel wrote: »
    Just to give an update with the injury...

    Have cancelled the surgery appt and back running!
    Even though my GP (who is brilliant and a former physio) and 2 physios strongly suggested surgery was the best option, I've ironed out other issues which has greatly reduced the hip pain.

    I'm not 100% yet but back doing strides and reps at tempo pace as well as hours and hours of cycling which is a crazy turnaround within 4 weeks. Someday, who knows, I may have to get surgery, but the longer I can delay it the better.

    Having dealt with FCE and Ceepo over the last few weeks I would be very reluctant to go to a physio again... there seems to a be a few people out there offering alternatives (anthony claffey, movement 101 etc) that have to be worth a consideration ahead of going 'under the knife'

    In my experience, a lot of physios just deal with the issue in front of them instead of looking at the whole picture and 'why' things are happening. In contrast, Ceepo is possibly a genius when it comes to figuring out how different issues and traits affect your body... think he might be doing online consults now as well so worth a shout for any recurring injury issues. Either way, I'd have a 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th opinion before going down the surgery route.

    Just said I'd give update as it might give someone some encouragment...(hopefully I won't be back here crying again in a few weeks)

    Thanks for the kind words Frebel.

    I certainly wouldn't say genius, but my method's are different to "normal physio".
    And yes I will be doing some online consulting as well. While it's not the same as seen someone in person it can be very effective.

    Great to hear that you are back running and while the course might have a few bumps at least you're back on it again..


Advertisement