Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youghal Wind Turbine Stationary?

Options
  • 23-06-2020 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Have passed this many times and the small wind turbine, close to the Leisure Centre, before you enter Youghal town, is never working.

It's absolutely stationary - anyone heard anything why? Seems like such a waste.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Have passed this many times and the small wind turbine, close to the Leisure Centre, before you enter Youghal town, is never working.

It's absolutely stationary - anyone heard anything why? Seems like such a waste.

I spotted that on Sunday while heading down for a walk. I think it's been like that for at least a couple of years. I was wondering if who ever installed it just couldn't be bothered maintaining it or repairing it was too expensive.
    It is a waste as being near the shore there's plenty of wind

Advertisement