Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Packages to USA?

Options
  • 22-06-2020 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, would anyone know if the USA are accepting packages from overseas by post?
    I know Australia are not at the moment. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Check the An Post web site, they have a notice about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Locations accepting packages change from day to day. Best go to post office counter and they will check with there and then .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

All postal packages go by air. Currently capacity is dramatically reduced.

Small packages and letters seem to be delayed just a few days.

Large parcels have much longer delay.

Then you have further local delays in the US

If it's urgent and valuable, look at DHL or UPS. They use their own large cargo planes, so are not as affected

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭xtal191

Apologies for the hijack but I just sold a football jersey on eBay and have to send it to New York, any idea if they'll be hit with custom/vat charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

An Post told me no packages over 2kg allowed into USA for now and no packages at all allowed into Australia, imposed by those country's government, due to Covid 19

• Advertisement
Advertisement