Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant

Options
  • 22-06-2020 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey ,
    Just thought I’d share my experience of getting a hair transplant. I had the operation in 2018 and I decided to go to Poland to have the procedure. The prices in Ireland I was quoted were 15/20 k which there was no way I could afford. So I did some research and found a clinic in Poland with some decent reviews and a decent price. I contacted the doctor and he was a very nice guy and any questions I had were answered no problem . Of coarse it was a risk flying to Poland or any other country for that matter to get the operation but I booked my flights and paid a deposit .
    You have 2 options FUT or FUE. Both have advantages and disadvantages . I decided to go for FUT.
    I was picked up from the airport and brought to a very nice hotel. Everything was included in the price . Airport pick up , 2 nights stay in hotel and the operation of coarse.
    The next morning I was picked up from the hotel and brought to the clinic. Of coarse I was a little nervous but once I met the doctor he put me at ease. We decided on 2200 grafts , total cost was €3500. I was given some tablets to ease the pain and the operation was ready to begin. The whole procedure takes about 6/7 hours with a few breaks and some lunch . I felt no pain at all during the operation the only sore part was getting a few injections at the back of my head.
    Next morning I flew home and the grafts that we’re inserted do fall out over the next 2 weeks which is perfectly normal. Growth starts at around the 4 month mark. It’s a slower process but 2 years later I am thrilled with the results . Hope this helps anyone considering a hair transplant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Great to hear! Why did you opt for FUT instead of FUE?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Duke1984

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Great to hear! Why did you opt for FUT instead of FUE?
    With the fut procedure more grafts can be taken and also nearly 100% of the grafts taken out will not be damaged. It’s does leave a scar but so does fue and I knew I would have to have a smaller secondProcedure on my crown which I’m getting done later in the year. It’s easier to work off the same scar. If you get fue twice the donor hair at the back of your head can be over harvested . Also the fue will leave scars too

• Registered Users Posts: 44 atwal

Share the doctor contact please.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Always good to hear a good story. Glad you are happy with your results. I'm at about the 8 month mark now myself. Hair is almost at a level now where I can say I'm happy with it and there's still little stubbly bits coming through so it can only get better.

Will also be doing the crown in a couple of years time because I can still get that shine on a clear day and a reflection in a dodgy window, but all in all, its far beyond what I was at a year ago :)

I did FUE but always good to hear an FUT result going well and at such a good price :)

That’s great to hear, glad to hear you are happy with the results. Did you travel to get the procedure and how many grafts did you get ? I always knew I would need more then 1 operation so decided fut was the right choice to start off with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 cahal74

hi
    What Clinic did you use?
    Cheers

cahal74 wrote: »
    hi
    What Clinic did you use?
    Cheers

Saifi hair transplant Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cahal74

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aaronelon3001

Hey Guys

Anyone out there got any info on MHR Clinic in Dublin. Im heading in for a HT on the 27th of Oct. Very poor online presence except for a few reviews one or two sites. Would like to speak to someone whom has actually had a procedure there.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Anyone got any recommendations for a clinic here or abroad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Has anyone got their transplant done during lockdown? Just wondering what the procedure is for flying over and if there is a quarantine in Turkey or not. Any info you be great!

Advertisement