Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower

Options
  • 22-06-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I posted over in electrical about adding an extra shower at home and was led to plumbing. Our water tank is on ground floor , only about 6-7 feet high. Water pressure is very low. Was told by my last plumber that because of low pressure power shower would constantly burn out as would be working too hard. Now I don't have much faith in him cos he made a pig's ear of one of the jobs. So simple question is power shower suitable with very low pressure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You definitely can have a power shower. Depending on the head of water you might get away with an all in one power shower like a Triton Novel SR, Mira Vigour Thermostatic or Aqualisa Aquastream. This type of power shower is the cheapest option.

If you don't have enough pressure then you can install a negative head pump & install something like a bar mixer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This was already answered on the electrical forum. You won't get a different answer just because you move forum.

Yes you can have a power shower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This was already answered on the electrical forum. You won't get a different answer just because you move forum.

Yes you can have a power shower

Thanks for your input. I asked in electrical about an electric shower and was told to put in a power shower. I decided to enquire than in the relevant forum. Thanks once again for your positive input. I was quite clear that I had posted in electrical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Thanks for your input. I asked in electrical about an electric shower and was told to put in a power shower. I decided to enquire than in the relevant forum. Thanks once again for your positive input. I was quite clear that I had posted in electrical.

How did you get on with this project, did you get it done now six months later? I'm in a similar position my plumber has recommended something like this

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/mira-event-xs-rear-fed-white-thermostatic-power-shower/8387r

However I am against the idea as it would mean breaking off tiles which can't be replaced and needing a new retile (€1k). Also what I am doing will have a 6-9 month life due to planned bigger renovations. (house to be gutted and redone it is 120 years old).

I have a bath with a hot and cold tap and am thinking to put in a pump in the hotpress and run qualpex to the hot and cold taps and install a mixed head tap and shower unit and hang the shower up over the bath and fit a glass down 2/3's the length of the bath.

A Mira power-shower will be no use after the renovation but the pump will.

Advertisement