Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from a Hybrid to an Endurance bike

Options
  • 21-06-2020 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I’m looking at the Canyon Endurace, Giant Defy and the Cannondale Synapse.

I know the Defy comes with Tubless tyres.

Does anyone know if the other two come with Tubeless tyres as standard?

If not, would it be expensive to buy these and get them fitted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

onlineweb wrote: »
    If not, would it be expensive to buy these and get them fitted?

That will depend on whether or not the wheels are suitable for tubeless tyres. Tubeless tyres require ‘tubeless ready’ wheels. So if the wheels are suitable then it’ll just be a matter of buying tubeless tyres (€50 each for Continental GP5000 as an example) but if the wheels aren’t suitable then you’ll need new wheels and tyres - a couple of hundred quid more.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Tubeless tyres are new on the market coming from mountain biking. I wouldnt reccomend them unless you plan on riding gravel, and by gravel I mean coilte forest tracks and the sort. If you know what your doing tubeless tyres might also be good for winters especially if you live in a rural area when the roads are a mess, but if your not experienced with the sort its a mess I wouldnt advise going where near
    Also the giant defy is more suited to gravel from your previous posts I'd reccomend the giant tcr ahead of the defy.

Advertisement