Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you mind compliments on your appearance?

Options
  • 21-06-2020 10:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Talking to a few female friends and reading posts from women online, it seems many aren't too keen on compliments by strangers on their appearance (except unless when the guy looks like a Greek God). A female friend who doesn't appreciate them even told me to put myself in her shoes and to think about if I'd like it.

To be honest, I think it' a bit different for men. Again many of my male friends like getting noticed by women but of course, the dynamics are totally different. Men unless they are in the top 10%, seldom get ANY attention from women or compliments compared to 50% of women.

So, would you mind a compliment on your appearance?

Comments

Would make me very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Forget all that top 10% of men shoite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Would make me very uncomfortable.

Can I ask why? For me I'd agree with you but it would be dependent on whether the person is attractive or not.

If some ugly wan came up to me, then I'd tell her to get lost.

For some reason, I actually attract lots of weirdos and homeless people trying to chat with me. Also lots of older annoying people asking me if I'm a Muslim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

It depends on the level of crudeness and frequency I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What does ‘top 10%’ mean, OP?

You must be extremely shallow and easily led to buy into this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Not the same thing at all. The correct question is -
    do you mind getting overt sexual attention from a man much bigger and stronger than you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What kind of comments are you referring to OP?

“Great suit, where did you get it?” is a lot different to “nice arse mate”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Talking to a few female friends and reading posts from women online, it seems many aren't too keen on compliments by strangers on their appearance (except unless when the guy looks like a Greek God). A female friend who doesn't appreciate them even told me to put myself in her shoes and to think about if I'd like it.

To be honest, I think it' a bit different for men. Again many of my male friends like getting noticed by women but of course, the dynamics are totally different. Men unless they are in the top 10%, seldom get ANY attention from women or compliments compared to 50% of women.

So, would you mind a compliment on your appearance?

Why do you keep starting threads all over the site asking weird trollish type questions?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Can I ask why? For me I'd agree with you but it would be dependent on whether the person is attractive or not.

If some ugly wan came up to me, then I'd tell her to get lost.

For some reason, I actually attract lots of weirdos and homeless people trying to chat with me. Also lots of older annoying people asking me if I'm a Muslim

People ask you if you are Muslim? This just gers more ridiculous.

Some ugly wan - says it all about your attitude.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

People ask you if you are Muslim? This just gers more ridiculous.

Some ugly wan - says it all about your attitude.

Yes, twice this year two random men in their 50s/60s ask, "Are you Muslim"? Presumably because I'm dark as a Somali, they must think I'm from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yes, twice this year two random men in their 50s/60s ask, "Are you Muslim"? Presumably because I'm dark as a Somali, they must think I'm from there.

Has anyone ever asked “Are you a pirate?” given that you are dark as a Somali?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I thought it was Tanzania ? ?

Are you Somalian now? or is that a really weird way of expressing your skin colour ???! :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Why do you keep starting threads all over the site asking weird trollish type questions?

The 50 million dollar question.

I wonder what's next from the bisexual, asexual virgin who doesn't like sex, and seems to have a changeable nationality?

Advertisement