Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Djouce Woods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

You could walk (or cycle) down Earls Drive - the hairpins where it says Djouce Wood on the map and it leaves you with just one small dyke to cross at the bottom, or if you follow where this route entered there's a small river crossing that has stones (cycle-able), and then the same dyke to get into the waterfall.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3534498009

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sorry Im always useless at following directions like this, is that near the Djouce Woods car park on my map link? Theres no markings on the Strava map and Ive never been down that side so dont know the area. Theres no Earls Drive on Google either, I assume thats the road where you pay? Im talking about walking in through the forest East of that or is it all fences/cliffs and not possible?

It's not marked, so if you can't see from the map I've linked where it shows two separate ways across ...

It doesn't matter which Djouce carpark you go in, lower or the two upper. Follow fireroads/trails to the bottom and then head in the general direction of the waterfall. You'll get in somewhere.

Okay thats grand thanks thats what I was hoping, I tried to do the same thing from the other side years ago but was always blocked by thick bush/cliffs.

Fastest way is probably down the fireroad from the lower carpark, when it splits in a V in front of you keep right. Follow that down the hill, around the hairpin and after about 100m follow any of the MTB trails down to the bottom on your left. You'll need to do a small river crossing down there, up a steep bank in front of you and at the top head right in the direction of the waterfall, the trail is easy to follow

• Advertisement

Plastik wrote: »
    Fastest way is probably down the fireroad from the lower carpark, when it splits in a V in front of you keep right. Follow that down the hill, around the hairpin and after about 100m follow any of the MTB trails down to the bottom on your left. You'll need to do a small river crossing down there, up a steep bank in front of you and at the top head right in the direction of the waterfall, the trail is easy to follow
    Yeah that was perfect thanks, cycled it on slicks aswell no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Very near the bottom of the waterfall there is a fence separating the private Powerscourt Demesne from the public Djouce woodland. At various times over the years this has been breached and/or flattened and at other times, repaired and virtually impossible to get through. Hopefully it will continue in its current ineffective state for quite some time.

Advertisement