Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden sheds Sligo?

Options
  • 19-06-2020 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a good quality, reasonably priced, pre-assembled small timber garden shed, any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

We got one 5 years ago from McT wood products in Ballygawley. It's been a water tight great little shed for what we paid. The price included it assembled and they came and built it on the exact spot we wanted. I know they are still in business and worth a look at I'd say.
    Not local but "Sheds Direct" are based in Dublin. During lock down we wanted a metal shed and after much research, their prices were the best so I ordered one. They deliver anywhere in Ireland, it cost us 70 euro for delivery to Sligo, we wanted delivery only but they do provide an "assembled" cost, you would have to check it out. It was delivered within 48 hours which amazed us and the staff were very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

whatswhat wrote: »
    We got one 5 years ago from McT wood products in Ballygawley. It's been a water tight great little shed for what we paid. The price included it assembled and they came and built it on the exact spot we wanted. I know they are still in business and worth a look at I'd say.
    Not local but "Sheds Direct" are based in Dublin. During lock down we wanted a metal shed and after much research, their prices were the best so I ordered one. They deliver anywhere in Ireland, it cost us 70 euro for delivery to Sligo, we wanted delivery only but they do provide an "assembled" cost, you would have to check it out. It was delivered within 48 hours which amazed us and the staff were very helpful.

I was in touch with McT Wood Products, very nice man, very helpful. I would be happy to go with him. The only problem is the 8 week lead-in time that he told me I would have to incur.

I was in touch with McT Wood Products, very nice man, very helpful. I would be happy to go with him. The only problem is the 8 week lead-in time that he told me I would have to incur.

Any other suggestions anyone? Seems to a serious backlog? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Any other suggestions anyone? Seems to a serious backlog? Anyone?

A friend of mine used to work for a crowd in Donegal. I'll see if I can get their name and number. Don't know anything about them other than he worked assembling them on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »

Backlog there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi. Did you find any one?Ill be looking one as well in few weeks. Thanks
    Any idea is is better to take Swedish pine vs rustic overlap?

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi. Did you find any one?Ill be looking one as well in few weeks. Thanks
    Any idea is is better to take Swedish pine vs rustic overlap?

Didn't get one. It's the same everywhere I look, 6-8 weeks. Personally I would be looking t&g or shiplap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Got this one from McT in Ballygawley, very happy with it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107161271

If you have to wait anyway, it might be worth spending a little extra and get something maintenance free

peasant wrote: »
    Got this one from McT in Ballygawley, very happy with it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107161271

If you have to wait anyway, it might be worth spending a little extra and get something maintenance free

Does it rattle with the wind? Bought a metal shed online from Outdoor Superstore, complete disaster. Wasn't fit for purpose. I was keen to go get a timber shed from McT but the lead-in time is ridiculous, as it is with all the shed sellers right now.

• Advertisement

Does it rattle with the wind?

It's two years old and has been through plenty Sligo storms, no rattling I heard and certainly no damage.

McT used to have a demo shed, I'm sure they still do ...go rattle it yourself :D

peasant wrote: »
    It's two years old and has been through plenty Sligo storms, no rattling I heard and certainly no damage.

McT used to have a demo shed, I'm sure they still do ...go rattle it yourself :D

They look decent, compared to the rubbish that I bought online, out of my budget though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ordered with MCT almost two weeks ago. I was advised that it would probably be the full 8 weeks before I receive it.

Ordered with MCT almost two weeks ago. I was advised that it would probably be the full 8 weeks before I receive it.

I also had to wait a bit for mine, which was good in a way.
    I managed to get the floor delivered first, this way I could make sure that the base was placed absolutely correctly (mine's on a slope) and also gave me a chance to dowse the floor in several coats of creozote (which should help with the whole longevity plan)

Advertisement