Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling deflated after the dentist - what are my options

Options
  • 19-06-2020 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have always hated my smile , I am missing both upper lateral incisors and have had maryland bridges for 15 years , they are fine but have come out a few times and I always planned on getting implants.

My front teeth have a gap and are not straight ,

Now I have been told there is not sufficent space to get implants as the gap only 3mm and 6mm is needed :( Only I would have a gap too small!!!.

I was referred to a cosmetic dentist but the quickest appointment was in 6 weeks :eek: I had already waited 5 weeks for the implant consultation.

I feel like crap , Dentisrty is so advanced these days and so many people have gorgeous work done , can I be one of those people? Is the 3mm gap actually too small or should I go elsewhere for a second opinion?

I am willing to do whatever it takes , I dont even know why I am writing this, I suppose I want someone to reassure me that it'll be ok , 6 weeks waiting for another consultation will eat me up ...should I go elsewhere in the meantime ?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Might need a joint approach.
    Might be possible to straighten teeth and make space through ortho and then restore with implants. Impossible to say from your post.
    Maybe consider a second consult..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

Edit: Apologies, I thought you had posted in the Personal Issues forum.

Post on the Dentistry Issues forum, they can offer advice on your options, and there are *always* options. Six weeks will fly around.

Just to you know, I had palate expansion surger at 30 in order to make more room for my upper teeth. It was covered under my health insurance, but is worth the money if you did go that route.

Feel free to send me a PM on any question you may have.

Advertisement