Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook issue

Options
  • 18-06-2020 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all, hoping to get a bit of advice on the below.

I purchased the ASUS C223na from a physical store as a present for my girlfriend last weekend. While in the store I was informed that the Chromebook had access to the PlayStore and had Microsoft Office on it. Having set it up for her on her birthday it appears that not only did it not come with Office pre-installed, it cannot actually support the PlayStore at all and therefore I'm not even sure if I can download office separately and install it due to the different OS. It was one of the main things I was told it could do, and now turns out it can't. I'm in contact with ASUS just to confirm it's lack of compatibility, but surely this will fall into the Sales of Goods and Supplies Act as the purpose was to use Microsoft Office, I was told it was compatible and now turns out isn't?

On the other hand if I'm completely wrong, or someone knows are way around the PlayStore and Office fact I'd greatly appreciate the advice.

Comments

Advertisement