Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Eir Billing

Options
  • 18-06-2020 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I switched provider from Eir recently and my new connection went live on the 5th of June. There is an outstanding bill on the myeir app as you can see below in the picture(remove spaces).

I don't understand the part on the bill that says "rental period 26th May to 25th June". Is this rental period for a future bill or is it for the 71 euro owed? Very confused by this and would appreciate any help, thanks.

i.imgur. com / 8fGcBqE.png

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eir charge in advance; their refund system when leaving is a bit messy. When I've left them before I leave it for a month or so to sort itself out (and make sure they aren't still charging) before paying any bill / asking for any refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

L1011 wrote: »
    Eir charge in advance; their refund system when leaving is a bit messy. When I've left them before I leave it for a month or so to sort itself out (and make sure they aren't still charging) before paying any bill / asking for any refund.

Sounds like a good idea, I think I'll leave it a few weeks and see what happens. I'd be a bit worried they might disconnect me but being with a new provider I doubt they can do that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

All they can do at this stage is blacklist you from moving that number again (and put your details in the credit system the mobile networks use); not disconnect from a new provider.

I move networks a lot, although I'm not sure anyones going to undercut Gomo now so as long as that keeps going I'm probably done, so I've had to deal with this situation more than once!

All they can do at this stage is blacklist you from moving that number again (and put your details in the credit system the mobile networks use); not disconnect from a new provider.

I move networks a lot, although I'm not sure anyones going to undercut Gomo now so as long as that keeps going I'm probably done, so I've had to deal with this situation more than once!

Thanks for the all the info and replies, just to be clear I'm talking about home phone and broadband.

I assumed mobile (the bills look the same when you look quickly), but same goes in terms of not being able to cut you off.

They should terminate off the rental period to the 5th and issue a final bill; probably after the original end date. That is not the final bill basically.

If a final bill doesn't issue by the 25th; they've ballsed up the account closure which is not uncommon.

• Advertisement

I assumed mobile (the bills look the same when you look quickly), but same goes in terms of not being able to cut you off.

They should terminate off the rental period to the 5th and issue a final bill; probably after the original end date. That is not the final bill basically.

If a final bill doesn't issue by the 25th; they've ballsed up the account closure which is not uncommon.

Thanks for your help :)

I'll update when I hear anything

Advertisement