Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliff walk greystones to bray

Options
  • 18-06-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

Quick question, can anyone give up to date info as to whether it's open to the public again? Google is only returning results from march/April. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Quick question, can anyone give up to date info as to whether it's open to the public again? Google is only returning results from march/April. Thanks

it's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

loyatemu wrote: »
    it's closed.

Ah bollix. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I guess the issue is that it'd be impossible to maintain 2m distancing on most of it. You can go up Bray Head though and along the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Alun wrote: »
    I guess the issue is that it'd be impossible to maintain 2m distancing on most of it. You can go up Bray Head though and along the top.

route across the top (which AFAIK is still open):

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

loyatemu wrote: »
    route across the top (which AFAIK is still open):

image.png

Nope,
    The part, where it turns from Bray head to Cliff Road, is closed to through traffic including walkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Nope,
    The part, where it turns from Bray head to Cliff Road, is closed to through traffic including walkers.

No, as per the map, this route does not link with Cliff Road. It joins the houses there on the old Greystones road after cutting through the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Moody_mona wrote: »
    No, as per the map, this route does not link with Cliff Road. It joins the houses there on the old Greystones road after cutting through the farm.

Yep, you are correct, it joins the loop walk... happy hiking :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

Does anyone know if this is open now? I read somewhere that part off the trail was closed last year due to land slide. I am not sure if County Council fixed this. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

jimmy9999 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is open now? I read somewhere that part off the trail was closed last year due to land slide. I am not sure if County Council fixed this. Thank you
    Still closed at the Greystones end. You can still do a couple of different loops from Bray though.

https://twitter.com/BrayTCouncil/status/1403632548031483907?s=19

Advertisement