Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery consumption

Options
  • 17-06-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

New to this board but have already got some great recommendations. I had a basic question about my new setup, installed today.

It is a 4.1kw system, with a 4.8kw battery and Solis inverter.

I am curious as to what determines when the battery is being used instead of the grid energy? Does the battery automatically kick in when there is no solar power (I.e, night time etc)?

Second, is there an alternative to the standard Solis mobile app? It's pretty dated and not great to use. Something like My Energi looks great, but not sure if that can be used with my solis inverter.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

I've a GivEnergy system. There's no app yet but a good web page to check. I've an MyEnergi Eddi diverter and just bought a MyEnergi comms hub which will give me a good app to track usage and diversion.
    There are several options on the web page to tell the system how to prioritise battery over grid. Do you have anything like that. If you head over to the GivEnergy thread you'll see examples.
    I'm on off peak tariff so I top up at night and try not use batter during the day. I tweak things slightly differently when it's summer vs winter. My battery can be set to kick in only at night when solar drops off so it's topped up but NOT used during the day if that's what you want.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fillum

mike_2009 wrote: »
    I've a GivEnergy system. There's no app yet but a good web page to check. I've an MyEnergi Eddi diverter and just bought a MyEnergi comms hub which will give me a good app to track usage and diversion.
    There are several options on the web page to tell the system how to prioritise battery over grid. Do you have anything like that. If you head over to the GivEnergy thread you'll see examples.
    I'm on off peak tariff so I top up at night and try not use batter during the day. I tweak things slightly differently when it's summer vs winter. My battery can be set to kick in only at night when solar drops off so it's topped up but NOT used during the day if that's what you want.
    Hope this helps

That’s brilliant thanks! And you’re doing this on a Solis inverter? What about the MyEnergi app? Any reason you wouldn’t use that. I like the look of that one.

Again thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

GivEnergy have their own hybrid inverters, not sure what OEM brand it is but no sign of Solis anywhere on my kit.....
    yes it's the MyEnergi app I'll be using but you have to have the comms hub to get that and that will pair with my Eddi which has the clamps to get the data......no idea again what to do about the Solis sorry......

Advertisement