Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Fire stick from Amazon.co.uk

Options
  • 17-06-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to purchase an amazon fire stick from the amazon.co.uk website. However, I'm getting the following message when I try to process the order : "Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order".

Are amazon restricted from sending fire sticks to Ireland? Are there any shops in Ireland that sell them? edit - I see currys are selling them online for €44. I have a voucher to use on amazon site and they are only £19.99.

Thanks,
    Hcksaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to purchase an amazon fire stick from the amazon.co.uk website. However, I'm getting the following message when I try to process the order : "Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order".

Are amazon restricted from sending fire sticks to Ireland? Are there any shops in Ireland that sell them?

Thanks,
    Hcksaw

You need to parcel Motel or addresspal it. Currys also sell them but will be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Jofspring wrote: »
    You need to parcel Motel or addresspal it. Currys also sell them but will be more expensive.

Thanks for the quick reply. Haven't ever used parcel motel so might pay the €44 to currys and use my amazon voucher on something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

Thanks for the quick reply. Haven't ever used parcel motel so might pay the €44 to currys and use my amazon voucher on something else.
    Takes 5 mins to setup a parcel motel account. Very handy thing to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

just be aware, ad per This thread a lot of firestick functionality is geo-blocked to UK accounts. If its not been released in Ireland it can be a big PITA to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Freetv.ie have them - that's where I got mine, most things work except prime tv (will not work no matter what you do).

Netflix, youtube disney plus, and other apps if you use them all work. BBC iPlayer won't work, but Channel 4 OD does work.

Very happy with mine and would recommend. Keep your voucher for something else alone the line. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

if you download the prime video app on a smart phone, you can cast it to your TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Kurn wrote: »
    Freetv.ie have them - that's where I got mine, most things work except prime tv (will not work no matter what you do).

Netflix, youtube disney plus, and other apps if you use them all work. BBC iPlayer won't work, but Channel 4 OD does work.

Very happy with mine and would recommend. Keep your voucher for something else alone the line. :D

Prime TV works fine for me (and many others also) see here of what I did to get it working (needs a few changes on your Amazon account) https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113282045

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Prime TV works fine for me (and many others also) see here of what I did to get it working (needs a few changes on your Amazon account) https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113282045

fair play will give that a try.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You could also download the Prime Video that works here. That's what I did and no complaints about it.

Advertisement