Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin media hub 3 modem mode

Options
  • 16-06-2020 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Apologies if asked already. Getting virgin media delivered tomorrow. We had virgin few years ago but currently with eir. I run the eir modem in bridge mode and have Google WiFi for wireless around house.

I've seen some links on setting the virgin hub to modem mode but you have to request ipv4 or something?

Anyone done this recently?

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ghostrider7

I just rang them up and asked to be switched over to IPv4, took about 30 minutes to switch over. Hub now acts as a modem connected to a Nighthawk router.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭micks_address

I just rang them up and asked to be switched over to IPv4, took about 30 minutes to switch over. Hub now acts as a modem connected to a Nighthawk router.

All sorted thanks. They changed over online chat for me. I had to reset hub after but all up and running smoothly

Advertisement