Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing an old Stanley range

Options
  • 15-06-2020 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi - I just bought a cottage and am looking to remove the old Stanley range (as needs some reconditioning) and will replace with a stove boiler. I will likely remove it myself. Has anyone any experience removing them - any tips, or anything to watch for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Not a stove but you will get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi - I just bought a cottage and am looking to remove the old Stanley range (as needs some reconditioning) and will replace with a stove boiler. I will likely remove it myself. Has anyone any experience removing them - any tips, or anything to watch for?
    Thanks

Ask around locally if anyone wants it, they can be reconditioned to function and look like new.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnSeoigheach

Not a stove but you will get the idea.

Ha ha ha I get that (should have stressed I meant not to be hiring someone to do it - plenty of solid DIY mates to lend a hand!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

Dont try to lift it, seen fitters using Gun Barrell pipe under the stove and roll it out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Normally they are held together by four large screws that go down through the top plate into each corner. These screws can be removed fairly handy if you have an impact drive.

So the process then goes something like this ties a rope around the four side of the range to support them when you remove the top.
    Remove the four screws and lift the top of and remove from the house.
    Each of the four side can then be removed from the base they just lift out of the base in our one and then the base can be removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement