Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let go, employer added new job on Revenue

Options
  • 15-06-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was let go from my job in March due to the business closing because of COVID. I claimed the PUP. The employer contacted me a month later saying that when they do reopen, I won't be getting my job back. They have since reopened and all other employees have returned.

I received a letter from DEASP the other day saying that on their records I was still employed and my SW payments would be affected if there were fraudulent claims etc.
    I logged into myAccount on Revenue and my employment was still active, so I ceased it with the correct end date.

However, there was also a second job there, with the same company, which had a start date 2 months after I was let go, and an end date a week later. I contacted Revenue and they said the employer added that. I think this was what the DEASP letter was about, based on the dates. I contacted the accountant who they outsource for payroll and he said he did not add that job.

Any idea what this could be about? Employers trying to pull a fast one? It wouldn't surprise me and I do not want to be a pawn in their game at my own expense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

How long were you in the job before they let you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Did the employer have to pay out some annual leave? Sometimes they need to add a 2nd record to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was in the job 8 months.

Good idea on the annual leave but none was paid nor has it been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I worked there for 9 months. Annual leave has not been paid nor has it been mentioned. I haven't heard from them since they said I wouldn't get going back.

Advertisement