Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike damaged in transit

Options
  • 14-06-2020 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Just curious who's responsible as I'm a bit peeved by it all, after 5 weeks waiting for it to arrive. I bought a bike online from a reputable dealer as it was a great price (new old stock frame built up).
    It was delivered by An Post last Tuesday, when I unboxed it the rear derailleur was snapped. I thought I was ok and just needed a replacement derailleur but decided to check the bike. The impact was so hard they managed to bend the frame rather than break the hanger, image below.

IMG-9332.jpg

Just curious who's responsible? I'll be shipping it back to the dealer but just wondering is it the dealer or An Post would be at fault. It was the last one they had so I won't be getting a replacement. These things happen, just very frustrating.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Who booked the delivery with An Post?
    Assuming you just ordered the bike and delivery from the dealer so its their responsibility as you haven't got what you ordered.
    If for whatever reason, you arranged for An Post to collect the bike and deliver it to you, then you've to take it up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Who booked the delivery with An Post?
    Assuming you just ordered the bike and delivery from the dealer so its their responsibility as you haven't got what you ordered.
    If for whatever reason, you arranged for An Post to collect the bike and deliver it to you, then you've to take it up with them.
    It was the dealer so we'll see what they come back with.

Advertisement