Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon tv paid for subscription

Options
  • 13-06-2020 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Why will a fully paid up legitimate amazon tv account in Ireland not work on a fire stick .

I’m told it’s geo blocked. That’s unbelievable.
    You pay for amazon firestick and you can’t use their own app on the stick

Anyone know why ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Content rights are a crazy thing that makes no sense. In Ireland and England its all individual contracts per service, its a crazy system. In switzerland if you broadcast it, it can be re-broadcast.

Amazon do other mad Geographic stuff. I bought a kindle for kids for my daughter as it came with a year of free Kinds for kids subscription. Went to activate it.. nope, Uk only.

My original Kindle fire tablet I couldn't access the amazon appstore as it hadnt been released in Ireland.

So its fairly annoying and par for the course unfortunaltly.

No discussuion on circumventing any of this allowed here so dont ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Why will a fully paid up legitimate amazon tv account in Ireland not work on a fire stick .

Anyone know why ?

Where's your account registered and where are you using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

Is this a new thing? I cancelled my subscription about a month ago but I had no issues watching with my Irish registered account when I was subscribing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

paddyb wrote: »
    Is this a new thing? I cancelled my subscription about a month ago but I had no issues watching with my Irish registered account when I was subscribing.

Geo blocked apparently! Mad

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Anyone know why ?

it won't work. it's very strange. It works perfect on my LG tv app, perfect on a browser, but they won't let you use it on their own fire tv. Nonsense, but it's been that way for a long time.

• Advertisement

wandererz wrote: »
    Where's your account registered and where are you using it?

ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

ireland

Contact them and ask to change it to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭dam099

Kurn wrote: »
    it won't work. it's very strange. It works perfect on my LG tv app, perfect on a browser, but they won't let you use it on their own fire tv. Nonsense, but it's been that way for a long time.

It is a weird one. They did actually sell a somewhat crippled version of the older Fire Stick which did work here but it seems to be discontinued.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-TV-Stick-Basic-International/dp/B01ETRGFA8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pb_opt?ie=UTF8

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Contact them and ask to change it to the UK

Was bought in Belfast . I’ve tried every way to register for a guarantee can’t find appropriate link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

If I buy a 4k firestick from freetv.ie will it let me use netflix app etc...

What will be geo blocked exactly? Based in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Blanco100 wrote: »
    If I buy a 4k firestick from freetv.ie will it let me use netflix app etc...

What will be geo blocked exactly? Based in Ireland

What I have working on mine that works

Disney+
    Netflix
    Youtube
    IPTV app
    Firefox
    Sky News
    Channel 4 OD

There is loads of other apps etc that do work and the usual suspects which don't work... such as BBC Player (geo blocked) , ITV hub (geo blocked) and Amazon Prime (which based on my chat with amazon support is not supported on fire tv - but is available in Ireland other platforms (browser LG tv etc)) as already discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You can download a version of the Prime Video app that will work with Irish accounts.

Advertisement