Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maternity Benefit Query!!!

Options
  • 13-06-2020 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi hoping someone can shed some light on this, was due to finish up work on Monday 15th June for Mat Leave had to finish over a week earlier though due to being admitted to Hospital for observation until the baby arrives. Just checked my Bank Account this morning and see that I have received my first Mat Benefit payment of 204.2 which is due now as I believe that you are paid a week in advance. I'm really confused about the payment amount as it's supposed to be 245, I have plenty of PRSI contributions worked. Would appreciate any info??? Thanks ☺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

NewMum2be wrote: »
    Hi hoping someone can shed some light on this, was due to finish up work on Monday 15th June for Mat Leave had to finish over a week earlier though due to being admitted to Hospital for observation until the baby arrives. Just checked my Bank Account this morning and see that I have received my first Mat Benefit payment of 204.2 which is due now as I believe that you are paid a week in advance. I'm really confused about the payment amount as it's supposed to be 245, I have plenty of PRSI contributions worked. Would appreciate any info??? Thanks ☺

It’s probably something to do with the day you put down- maternity benefit is a 6 day payment so 5/6 of 245 is pretty much what you got. I assume that’s why, but I don’t know what day isn’t counted

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

€204 is the SW rate of sick pay. If you're in hospital did you potentially apply for sick pay until June 15th?

If not perhaps it is as the other poster suggested, a partial week & you'll get the €41 at the end of your 26 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Beanybabog wrote: »
    It’s probably something to do with the day you put down- maternity benefit is a 6 day payment so 5/6 of 245 is pretty much what you got. I assume that’s why, but I don’t know what day isn’t counted

Maternity benefit Always starts on a Monday now, afaik, so no part payments. I’d say it’s a weeks sick pay, did you send in a cert? But yes, you’re right, you would be due to get the first of your maternity benefit this Monday also. I think sick pay is paid at the end of the week but maternity benefit is paid at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NewMum2be

I only contacted my Employer to let them know I wouldn't be back to work my sick leave pay would be covered by work so didn't need to contact SW, I'll ring Mat Benefit on Monday to check it out.

I only contacted my Employer to let them know I wouldn't be back to work my sick leave pay would be covered by work so didn't need to contact SW, I'll ring Mat Benefit on Monday to check it out.

Even if your employer pays your sick leave they’d usually claim what you’re entitled to of it from social welfare and pay you the balance. So maybe that’s it. Though you’d usually need to get a SW cert!
    Good luck anyhow, hope you get sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Your employer can’t claim SW on your behalf so if you haven’t post off the forms - I would say it’s a maternity benefit part payment.

Love2love wrote: »
    Your employer can’t claim SW on your behalf so if you haven’t post off the forms - I would say it’s a maternity benefit part payment.

There’s no part payments on mat benefit anymore. It always starts on a Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I’m not 100% on this but I think that the majority will take it from the Monday due to the fact that the latest you can start is the Monday before the end of your week of confinement. I know I’ve recently completed MB2’s for some ladies with mid week start dates. Unless of course the DEASP is adjusting this to start on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I am starting my maternity benefit from Wednesday, 1st July and received payment of 163.30 today. Is this due to the fact that I have worked 2 days this week?

Advertisement