Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know to make this cocktail?

Options
  • 12-06-2020 5:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi guys, got this cocktail on holidays in Thailand, would to love make some at home during this lockdown, however the name and an ingredient search don't yield much on google, does this look familiar to anyone? Is it a variant of another cocktail? Not sure if the picture will load so it was called:

A night at crazy

Ingredients: vodka, orange curacao, lime juice, orange juice, passion fruit

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The name is going to be local to the bar. What was the consistency like, I would guess at passion fruit puree and crushed ice which would make a very thick cocktail - so if it wasn't thick it wasn't that!

Orange Cura / triple sec can have quite different flavours per brand / type, so be aware of that.

Id take a guess at something like two shots of vodka, half a shot of triple sec, stir with ice and drain; fill serving glass with crushed ice and pour in the spirits, puree and fruit juices (quarter to half shot lime juice, decent amount of orange juice) then stir. May also need simple syrup if it's too sharp.

My serving and presentation style wouldn't be up to any showman barman standards though!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Cheers for the reply I really appreciate, it was actually a liquid consistency kind of a summer cocktail, just like your sex on the beach or a blue lagoon served, rather than a smoothie of a blended cocktail like consistency like a strawberry daquiri. My apologies it's a bit of an impossible question I know!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you have a cocktail shaker I'd use it. You'd want to get the puree and juice well mixed together and you'd get a bit of foam with a shaker, which always makes the drink look a bit better.

L1011's quantities there sound decent, maybe a bit heavy on the vodka but you can adjust to your own taste.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it was normal liquid consistency I'd use normal ice, shake and strain and maybe passionfruit juice rather than puree - it may actually be easier to get the puree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Or just scoop a passionfruit into the shaker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement