Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Salons for Balayage?

Options
  • 11-06-2020 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi folks,

Anybody have recommendations for some of the best salons that they've gotten a balayage done in? I'm willing to put in a bit of travel to get to them but west of the Shannon would be preferable.

I've requested a balayage on several occassions from various hairdressers over the past number of years, brought pictures as examples, given as detailed a description of the look I wanted as I possibly could - and yet I've never been totally satisfied with what I've gotten. :(

Any and all recommendations appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

Hildago wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Anybody have recommendations for some of the best salons that they've gotten a balayage done in? I'm willing to put in a bit of travel to get to them but west of the Shannon would be preferable.

I've requested a balayage on several occassions from various hairdressers over the past number of years, brought pictures as examples, given as detailed a description of the look I wanted as I possibly could - and yet I've never been totally satisfied with what I've gotten. :(

Any and all recommendations appreciated. :D

I find you really get what you pay for when it comes to complicated colouring services. I don't have any recommendations but I know a girl who travels from Cork to Dublin to get her blonde colour done by an award-winning stylist who does fashion shoots. You may need to go somewhere high end to be completely satisfied. These places will tend to re-do your hair if it isn't close to what you asked for as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hildago

I find you really get what you pay for when it comes to complicated colouring services. I don't have any recommendations but I know a girl who travels from Cork to Dublin to get her blonde colour done by an award-winning stylist who does fashion shoots. You may need to go somewhere high end to be completely satisfied. These places will tend to re-do your hair if it isn't close to what you asked for as well.

Yep, I think I've finally come to that realisation after years looking for the right place. With the roots I have since the start of this pandemic it almost feels like a clean slate to get a get a top quality stylist on the job.

Advertisement