Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX trailer

Options
  • 11-06-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭

New remake of Alex Kid, with Monster Boy and Streets of Rage 4 Sega are doing a great job with their IPs, This also looks great, I hope they also do a Revenge of Shinobi or Golden Axe next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've a big soft spot for that game, this looks class!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know why people like this game but always thought it was mediocre. Hopefully this improves on the original because I don't think it lives up to its reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I know why people like this game but always thought it was mediocre. Hopefully this improves on the original because I don't think it lives up to its reputation.

For me it has a nostalgic charm to it, and as such, I can't play it through a modern lens. The fact it was built into my Master System II certainly helped me get familiar with it. With the exception of the Janken parts, it's a largely enjoyable platform adventure...if somewhat simplistic...but it is a Master System game so I can forgive that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Inviere wrote: »
    For me it has a nostalgic charm to it, and as such, I can't play it through a modern lens. The fact it was built into my Master System II certainly helped me get familiar with it. With the exception of the Janken parts, it's a largely enjoyable platform adventure...if somewhat simplistic...but it is a Master System game so I can forgive that.

I remember playing it back in the day and really liked it, I did try it again recently and lost interest very fast however I will get the remaster as that might just be the push to remember why I like it.

Advertisement