Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRT monitor

Options
  • 10-06-2020 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

I have an old CRT monitor I bought from Alienware back in the day when they had a factory in I think Athlone co west meath, around 2003 when I bought an Alienware Aurora. Its a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930sb Its just laying around my bedroom. What could I do with this to make use of it Would it be good for old consoles like the original Xbox and Playstation 2 etc ? Anybody know roughly how much one of these is worth ? If theres no real use for it I might sell it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Easy one to connect up would be a Dreamcast with a DC VGA cable, picture would look beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

How do I connect old consoles like the original xbox and playstation 2 ?

You can get a VGA cable for the OG xbox.
    Dont know about the PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What are the inputs on the monitor? I take it it's VGA only?

If it's VGA only, to connect a PS2 you'd need a scaler that has a SCART input and a VGA output. I wouldn't bother to be honest, it'll be fairly expensive and a bit of effort. Cheaper and easier to use a standard CRT like a Sony Trinitron that has scart inputs already.

Either connect up consoles that do VGA out (ie, the Dreamcast, Xbox 360 etc) or hook it up to a PC and emulate old consoles on it.

Advertisement